All students at Xavier College must purchase a laptop device as part of their enrolment.
The device required by your child must:
• be running Microsoft Windows with a minimum of Windows 8.1, although Windows 10 is preferable;
• not have Windows 10 S installed;
• have an all-day battery life (charging of batteries it not permitted at school);
• be carried in a suitable case that provides protection for the device;
• have a minimum 64GB of storage; and
• be protected with an anti-virus program or security suite.
We recommend a minimum screen size of 11” as your child will be using it throughout the day.
The College will provide a nominated device and supplier for families to purchase. Alternatively, families are able to purchase their own device from a retail store, provided the minimal College requirements are met.
Please go to our Order Portal for Learning With Technology where you will be able to purchase the nominated device for your child.
When purchasing a device for your child, please be aware that basic IT support will be provided where applicable whilst your child is onsite at school.
If your child has any warranty related repairs to a nominated laptop device, we can assist with arranging for the work to be undertaken. However if families choose to purchase their child’s device from a retail store, they will need to deal with the retail store directly for any repairs.